Monday, October 22, 2012

When To Toss Your Makeup

We all make sure to look at the expiration date when dealing with food. Believe it or not makeup also has an expiration date. It is important to know when to toss your makeup. I just went through my makeup collection and tossed a few things that I know I don't use and also the makeup that just had to go.

Powder Blush-2 years


Cream Blush- 6 months, 12 months is okay too



Foundation- 12 months



Face Powder- 1 to 4 years

Concealer- 12 to 18 months



Cream Eyeshadow- 12 to 18 months



Powder Eyeshadow- 2 years



Mascara- 3 months


Eyeliner- 3 months


Lipstick- 1 to 2 years. I suggest getting rid of it when it starts to smell funny/rancid.


Lipgloss- 2 years


Lotion- 2 years

So there you have it! I believe the most important makeup items you should replace often is obviosuly mascara, and eyeliner, because they will be touching your eyes at all times and can cause to grow bacteria or cause an infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment