Monday, February 25, 2013

To Prime or Not to Prime

I have been working like crazy lately, long hours, napping and school lastly. Makeup primer has become my new bff.

First of, what is a primer? A primer creates a barrier between your skin and your make-up. It can improve the coverage and help the foundation lasts longer on the skin. When do you apply primer? Primer is applied after you cleanse, tone and moisturize. It is also important that you do not apply primer too often as it can clog pores. Also, make sure to only apply primer where it tends to rub off easily, but all over works too.
Using primer is great for when you know you will be out for long hours or working long hours. It keeps your makeup set for hours without having to retouch your makeup so many times throughout the day. Give it a try and you will love how smoothly your makeup will go on.
I have a few that I love and adore. Keep in mind I have oily skin type. My all time favorite is Benefit the POREfessional because it also minimizes my pores and gives my skin a soft canvas to play with. I mentioned a few more for different skin types down below.


Primers for:




No comments:

Post a Comment