Friday, March 15, 2013

Getting To The Root Of Things

Last night I had a bit of a spa day at home. I decided to give myself a facial, mani and pedi as well as some body hair removal. I visit my hair removal lady often for my brazilian, but for my legs, arms and underarms I usually do that at home with an epilator. Now you are probably wondering what is an epilator?

An epilator is an electrical device used to remove hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs simultaneously and pulling them out. Epilators a somewhat similar to waxing although unlike waxing in a way, because they do not remove cells fromt the top layer of your skin. Aside from the spring in early spring-type epilators, there are no parts in epilators that require regular replacement. Epilators come in corded, rechargeable and battery operated designs.

I own the Emjoi Light Caress Corded Epilator that I bought online and love it. I have to admit it is a bit painful but if you have waxed in the past I am sure you can handle the pain. I do admit is a bit more painful than waxing even though it does the same thing, but after awhile it numbs the parts you are removing hair from. Basically I see it as a bunch of tweezers that pulls your hairs out all at the same time. It is also great for underarms for girls or women that have a problem with darkness from shaving too often.



PROS
♥ Removes the tiniest hairs
♥ You do not have to do it everyday or as often like shaving. Lasts up to 6 weeks
♥ It is inexpensive, typically less than $100
♥ It is not a messy process

CONS
♥ Causes redness and bumps if you do not exfoliate often
♥ May cause ingrown hairs
♥ Painful for coarse hair
♥ Have to wait for hairs to grow back up to a certain length


No comments:

Post a Comment