Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aged to Perfection...Hand Care

I know many of us forget about taking care of our hands. I know I do sometimes and tend to be all about my skin. The truth is that our hands are exposed to the sun and extreme temperatures all year long. Did you know that by age 30 our skin cells decreases by 10%? Believe it or not but the top of your hands can show signs of aging first. In this post I will be giving you tips  on how to keep your hands looking healthy and youthful.

I tend to over wash my hands a ton due to the antibacterial soap I use on a daily basis. I was once told that Dove Bar contains moisturizers that leave your skin soft and silky. I don't always follow my own advice though. When washing your hands try to run your hands under cold water instead of hot water because that can dry up your hands even more.

Once you start to get older you will notice that your hands and nails become more dry overtime as well as yellowing. That is, because with age we tend to produce less oil. That's when you should reconsider applying hand cream daily.

My routine at night or even through the day consists of two items and a homemade hand scrub from time to time.

When I'm going to treat myself to a hand spa. I take what I have in my kitchen, a bit of sugar with olive oil and mix it together. I scrub it all over my hands until the sugar dissolves. I then clean my hands off with a washcloth soaked in cold water to take off the remaining scrub.

After the whole routine, it is time for bed but before I dream of lambs and ponies I apply my Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream all around my cuticles.



I then apply some Aquaphor Healing Ointment all over my hands. I promise you that you will wake up with the softest hands in the morning and you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment