Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Sweet Fruits Of Summer

I have been trying to eat clean lately and let me tell you it has been the hardest thing to do! Of course when we think of fruit we think we can indulge in abundance because is "healthy" and it is but it also needs to be consumed in moderation. Why? Fruit calories are made up of carbohydrates, some proteins and very little fat. Fruits contain natural sugar fructose, but when you are trying to eat healthier all natural sugars also need to be eaten with moderation since they do contain healthy nutrients: antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. 

So just to keep you in the loop. I will be posting the calorie intake for fruits we eat regularly. 



Apples (1 medium piece) 72 calories
Grapes 2 calories each
Pears (1 medium piece) 96 calories
Oranges (1 medium piece) 
Cherries 4 calories each
Peaches (1 medium piece) 38 calories
Bananas (1 medium piece) 105 calories
Mangos (1 medium piece) 135 calories
Pineapple (1 wedge serving) 40 calories
Blackberries (1 cup serving) 62 calories
Blueberries (1 cup serving) 83 calories
Cranberries (1 cup serving) 51 calories
Raspberries (1 cup serving) 64 calories
Strawberries (1 cup serving) 49 calories
Cantaloupe (1 wedge serving) 23 calories
Honeydew Melon (1 wedge serving) 45 calories
Watermelon (1 wedge serving) 86 calories



  • Watermelon
  • Mangos
  • Berries
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Grapes
  • Cherries
  • Melon


8 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cool i love the design!! Would you like to follow eachother??


    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I live in Lancaster County, and my Amish neighbor brought me an entire bucket of fresh picked strawberries. I've been making a lot of smoothies haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good, I eat fruit salad almost everyday (can't help it) and I can never really tell whether it's good or bad... cantaloup is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that I was able to help. I tend to eat a bunch of fruit thinking is healthy but too much sugar even natural sugar can be bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good point about the natural sugars still being bad for you, especially if you eat it later in the day. I tend to eat all my fruit for breakfast and lunch (I LOVE berries in my salads) and have a veggie-heavy dinner. What other things are you doing to eat clean?

    www.carefulfeet.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an expert but I have to get creative with my salads. I drink a lot of smoothies and juices since I got my juicer and lots of water to flush all the toxins out. I have to be careful when going to a restaurant because I am easily influenced to get the unhealthiest stuff on the menu.

      Delete