Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Ugly Truth About Your Oral Hygiene

First of all I wanted to apologize for being away from my blog. I have been extremely busy with work lately, but today I wanted to take the time to talk about our oral hygiene. Do you know what's lurking in the air and the germs that linger over to your toothbrush. Your toothbrush is loaded with germs, studies say that uncovered toothbrushes can harbor 100 million bacteria, including E coli bacteria and "staph". 
Now, our mouth was not sterile to begin with, most bathrooms are small and the toilet is pretty close to your sink where you keep your toothbrush. Did you know that every toilet sends a spray of bacteria into the air. 
TIPS: 
♥ Rinse your toothbrush thoroughly with tap water
♥ Keep it dry
♥ Keep it upright
♥ Keep it to yourself of course, no sharing or putting it to close to another one can transfer bacteria
I personally use a Steripod ($3.99) to keep germs away. Steripod is a clip-on toothbrush sanitizer that kills germs up to three months. What I love about it is that it does not have any cables or requires batteries. Check out their website to get yours. You can also find it in my drugstores as well. 

The second thing I wanted to bring up was using a tongue cleaner. There is a few good benefits in why you should use one on a daily basis. 
TONGUE CLEANER TIPS:
♥ Better breath
♥ Removes ama which is a toxic byproduct of improperly digested food
♥ did you know that your tongue is a diagnostic tool, it tells you a lot about your health
♥  It is good for your teeth, because tongue scraping gets rid of nasty stuff in your mouth
♥ You will taste flavors more effectively, proper digestion begins with proper taste and salivation
The one I use is from CVS which is Orabrush Tongue Cleaner  ($5.99) 

1 comment:

  1. I started using Steripods on my toothbrushes about two years ago! They're such a great invention.
    Amy
    www.wantsneedsloves.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete