Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stained Jello Stars

If you must know I am a huge Pinterest addict. I always look forward to the holidays to see what I can do next. With Fourth of July being tomorrow I just had to make these pretty kid-pleaser sweets. It took lots of work and patience to make but the end result makes me smile. So if you have some hours and I mean hours to kill this might be a good time to make this recipe. They look and taste just like I hoped for. If you want to see the original recipe of where I got this idea check out Gimme Some Oven for the recipe.


Ingredients:
♥ 4 small (3 oz.) boxes of Jell-O or store brand "gelatin dessert" in different colors (I used two packages each of strawberry and blueberry)
♥ 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
♥ 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (such as Knox)

Method:
♥ Two boxes of each flavor (I used a double batch of raspberry, and a double batch using the two boxes of blueberry) according to package instructions in two 9x13-inch pans. I was on a time frame so I did the Speed-Method. After refrigerate until completely chilled.
♥ Remove the jello and use a knife to cut each batch into small squares. Carefully remove all squares from the pans, then mix and layer the blocks into a new 9x13-inch pan.
♥ In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and let it sit for 3 minutes. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve. Stir in the can of condensed milk. Then refrigerate mixture for 20-30 minutes until cooled. Pour cooled milk mixture evenly over jello. Chill overnight.
♥ Now for the fun time, use cookie cutters to cut into fun shapes. In this case stars. Serve.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. How festive! Hope you have fun plans for the 4th, have a great one!

    www.carefulfeet.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so pretty! Very patriotic! Now following you on bloglovin :)

    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you for the comment and I'm glad you followed me that means a lot :)

      Delete