Friday, July 5, 2013

Fun Filled Fourth

I have to admit a small part of me was never excited about holidays, but ever since my son was born the mommy I was always suppose to be came out. I love doing crafts with him and doing cute stuff for every holiday that comes up. This year for Fourth of July I made sure I included him in everything I did this year. If you did not see the Stained Jello Stars check out my blog post on that.

My son is in daycare and since they were out for Fourth of July they asked me if he could wear his patriotic shirt on Wednesday. I thought it would be a great idea to make one plus it would make him happy to tell his classmates that he made it.

Now for lunch I thought really hard on what I could do to make it very Fourth of July. I made pizza grilled sandwiches and used my star cookie cutters. For our drinks I decided to make layered drinks, which by the way were very delicious. That afternoon my parents and I decided to eat outside again by just making hot dogs with more layered drinks and some deliciously fresh fruit. I cut all the watermelon in stars, added blueberries and cherries. Later that night we headed to see the fireworks in Flowermound. I know is not as fancy and awesome but many people know about it I'm assuming like Kaboom Town so I like that is not as crowded. I hope you all had a lovely Fourth of July with your family. Whether it was just relaxing at home, barbecuing or going to festivals.







No comments:

Post a Comment