Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thrifter Shopper


What to do on a lazy Sunday? I go shopping but I am also aware that I cannot break my wallet. So I headed to my local thrift store to pick a few things and came out with a total of ten pieces, YES TEN! Some might need some altering, but they are all in great conditions and can probably outlast Forever 21's clothing as well as prices.

Here are some tips to have a great thrift store shopping experience...

♥ Be prepared because thrift stores are not a glamorous department stores. They smell like dust and like your grandma's closet. If you're a germaphobe take your hand sanitizer.

♥ Be patient because these stores are HUGE and they sell everything- from old furniture, bags, toys and etc. So take your time, go to the section you want and try to look at each piece individually- you'll find hidden gems!

♥ Dress comfy, I would recommend a dress- that way you can try stuff over and under it. Not many thrift stores have dressing rooms.

♥ Be open-minded try stuff you will not normally wear, even larger sizes. I love the oversize look. Usually, the dresses and skirts are LONG- you can always get them tailored or you can have a DIY moment by altering it yourself.

♥ Triple check the clothing by looking for stains, holes, missing buttons, etc. I mean, I would still buy the clothing item if I love it. A missing button can easily be replaced.

♥ Stay away from personal items can you believe that they sell lingerie and swimsuits!

♥ Go with cash I have been to a few thrift stores that do accept debit cards or credit cards but some thrift stores do not.


8 comments:

  1. I love thrifting! Great post :)

    www.carefulfeet.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, with patience I can really find some good deals at thrift stores sometimes

      Delete
  2. I really love fish out particular clothing from thrift shop *.*

    xx from Italy
    Giulia
    www.lenuagerose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is not only fun, but you get to feel like a savvy shopper

      Delete
  3. Oh I am sooo good at this! Thanks for the post! Glad I am not the only one who enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated thrift stores as a kid, because that's where most of our school clothes came from, but I can't get enough of them as an adult! It's amazing what some people toss, especially expensive clothing with the price tags still intact! Those are the best finds! And major ew on the personal items. I always get a shiver when I walk past the rack of underwear. I'm sorry, but some things just shouldn't ever be bought used...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love thrift shopping! Unfortunately our local thrift stores pretty much suck. My biggest issue is patience, especially when it comes to flipping through all the clothes on the rack. I get bored easily, or frustrated when things are poorly organized. #SITSblogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all of the tips you provide on your blog. Thanks for sharing! SITS love!

    ReplyDelete