Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Week With Marilyn Monroe

I finally went go watch "My Week With Marilyn Monroe" with Sarah. I was so excited because I love Marilyn. I was a bit disappointed only because even though her character was right on point, I didn't like her hair. Yes I noticed it, it had a red tint to it and I wanted to see more of a platinum blonde. Anyways "My Week With Marilyn Monroe" may be an eye-opener to generations too young to remember the allure of Marilyn like me.


It's based on Colin Clark's memoir of a week as third assistant director. Michelle Williams played the role as Marilyn Monroe, she was newly married to intellectual playwright Arthur Miller at the time. Marilyn captured her emotional neediness and her power to entrance on and off screen. I think she played the incoherent part very well as well as the drug abuser side of Marilyn. It was kind of funny to see the scenes where Michelle as Marilyn captured  the heart-breaker and seductress part right on point.


Michelle Williams must surely be nominated again for an Academy Award as Best Actress. As for Eddie Redmayne also did great in the challenging task of playing Clark, a 23-year-old who has to toss up between a relationship with a pretty wardrobe mistress (Emma Watson) and a chance of love with the most famous attractive woman on earth.



Even though I was not crazy in love with the movie I think it's worth seeing. This is a bittersweet story of first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment