Friday, May 17, 2013

Fake a Summer Tan

We all desire an olive complexion that the celebrities rock from day to day in the summer. Sometimes is a bit difficult to get a faux glow but it is possible. I know from first hand because I am naturally very pale and have a light complexion. I do not hate it at all but when I see girls with beautiful olive skin I cannot help but want it too. The only way to do that is to fake tan. I do not like tanning beds and tanning outdoors due to the harmful UV radiations, causes premature aging.

There are many products out there that work flawlessly, but my all time favorite is St. Tropez. Don't get me wrong though the drugstore has awesome dupes that can give you a natural tan. I will be giving you some tips on how to get that beautiful bronzed skin for this summer.



1. PREP
Prepping your skin before hand is important to a perfect tan. Exfoliating with a scrub is crucial in order to get all the dead cells off. I tend to notice that the fake tan companies tend to make very good aggressive scrubs. Once you have done this you will notice that the tanner goes on smoothly.

2. SHAVING
If you happen to shave, try to shave the day before. This will help with any irritation on the skin.

3. APPLY TANNER
This is the time to apply the fake tanner. I do suggest either using a mitten or non-latex gloves, this will help to not stain your  hand palms. Do the largest parts of the body like: legs, stomach and back. Then work your way to other parts and focus on ankles, elbows and hands. Many like to do their face as well and they do sell tanners made especially for the face, but one trick I like to do is to just mix in some of my body self tanner with a bit of my face lotion.

EXTRA TIP:
Run a shimmer stick along shins of your legs to elongate your legs further. St. Tropez Skin Illuminator is an awesome one.

No comments:

Post a Comment