Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Silky Summer Legs

Is that time of year to get our mini skirts and shorts out. I have to admit I am in need of a leg scrub and very much hydration on my legs. I have always been very bad about applying lotion all over my body. I tend to be very good on applying my skincare products but I always tend to neglect my body. From hot showers, to applying harsh soaps. After getting a allergic reaction all over my body, that until this day I am not sure what caused it. I tend to use less harsh body washes and lotions. I went fragrance free with body my body wash and body lotion. 

Why is it important to apply body lotion to your body? Because body lotion is one of the most active ways to prevent signs of aging. When we also do not drink enough water, it causes the body to pull water from the skin and into the vital functions that happen withing the body such as immune function and digestion. Once the skin becomes dry then it can crack and separate or even pull away. This is when you can begin to see stretch marks as well. So, next time you become lazy and think twice about applying body lotion think about the consequences. Also, try try a body lotion with alpha hydroxy acids to peel off dry skin and allow moisturizers to penetrate more deeply.


I will be posting photos down below of the products that I have been loving lately and have not given me any allergic reactions. 



Cetaphil Skin Restoring Body Wash is free of fragrances, parabens and nut oils. It is also a  gentle, non-irritating foaming cleanser that can help maintain the skin barrier function.

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash is soap free, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. It soothes dry and itchy skin.


Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream helps for mild and severe dry skin, as well as symptoms with eczema. 

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion is a rich unscented and hypoallergenic lotion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment