Friday, November 11, 2011

Peppermint Mocha Tasty Goodness

I've always had an obsession for mint and peppermint. The taste and smell of mint makes me smile, from gum, mojitos, and anything that has mint. The only reason I look forward to the holidays it is because of all the peppermint beverages and peppermint bark, which are limited of course, but I found some alternatives to my obsession.

McDonalds has a limited time hot beverages: McCafe Peppermint Mocha and McCafe Peppermint Hot Chocolate I did try their Peppermint Mocha and it was delish but after several visits I was disappointed because the Peppermint Mocha did not taste the same. I felt like I was wasting my money and the staff were not putting the effort in making it as good as my first experience. Maybe others will get lucky in getting that perfect cup.



Starbucks has their seasonal Peppermint Mocha. I have to tell you that the beverage is heaven when it hits your lips. I can't explain how delicious it is. The only problem being that I'm trying to be more careful with spending my money. I have to say that it can get a little bit pricey after time but I do recommend this beverage. If you want to have the same taste of Starbucks Peppermint flavor buy their Peppermint Syrup to flavor your coffee at home. It can be purchased online or at stores.


Chick-fil-A has a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake. If you're like me and love both hot and cold beverages anytime of the year you should stop by for this dessert. I tend to get a meal there and then order their Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake to go. It's an indulgence of just the right flavors. The sad part is that is seasonal. I first tried this when I was a stylist at Toni & Guy and they used to give us free coupons for this delicious dessert and ever since I was obsessed.


Steak 'n Shake also make an awesome Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake. I've only recently tried it and is similar to the one from Chik-fil-A. The only difference I believe this one has more crushed peppermint which makes it very good.

As much as my obsession for peppermint I have it can get pricey over time. Especially being that I work overnight I tend to drink a lot of caffeine to stay up. I found a budget friendly way to my craving of peppermint and it's affordable. Coffee Mate makes a Peppermint Mocha flavored creamer. I was so ecstatic to find out that they had a creamer and lately have been drinking a cup daily. I can't live without it.

Ingredients:
1 Cup of water
I TBSP of Nescafe Clasico Pure Instant Coffee
2 TSP of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
1/3 cup of Peppermint Mocha flavored Nestle Coffee-Mate Liquid Coffee Creamer
1 TSP of Peppermint Extract (Optional)

Instructions:
COMBINE Nescafe Classico Pure Instant Coffee and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in coffee mug.

STEAM water and Peppermint Mocha Coffee-mate together using microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until very hot. Pour over Nescafe Pure Instant Coffee and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.

Whipped Cream and crushed peppermints is optional and voila enjoy your cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment