Beware of Human Resources and your fellow co-workers. I suggest to sticking to neutrals just because you think that coral blouse is cute doesn't mean it's appropiate. Therefore dress for success when you’re on the clock.
Regardless of all the different rules as to what is and isn’t okay to wear, the following covers most of the dos and don’ts:
1. Avoid any revealing clothing. No cleavage or short skirts in the workplace is a no no.
2. I personally think that no logos should be worn.
3. This applies to fashionistas and DON'T let your outfit outperfom your work.
4. If you have to think twice of wearing that particular piece of clothing more than likely you're unsure for a reason.
5. Don't be afraid to be edgy either, just make sure not to overdo it.
For those of you who are fortunate to work in a casual environment casual dress code can be just as important. Dressing like a slob is not appropiate but in some work environments dressing formal doesn't always mean success. As long as your outfits look like they're put together as well as you're grooming.The best thing about a casual dress code ALMOST anything goes. While most people are forced to sacrifice their style each morning. Casual attire involves wearing jeans on a daily basis but don't be afraid to change it up, wearing leggings is allowed but just be careful on how you wear them. They're leggings for a reason and not meant to wear as jeans or pants.
Maybe you're wondering I'm required to wear scrubs or a uniform and this blog doesn't apply to me. Well many work in the medical field where scrubs are required or uniforms are required as well. Because of the hold back of scrubs or uniforms focus on accessories and your grooming. Try new hairstyles new nail lacquers, and unique jewelry.
If you love fashion I hate to break it to you but some of the time professional employers don't care for the fashion forward styles. I believe that is where toned down accessories and classic silhouttes come in handy. Business professional doesn't always mean wearing "THE" power suit. The possibilities are endless.
DO'S and DONT'S for the business professional workplace:
1. Grooming it's a must from hair to makeup. I personally love the bun in the workplace it's feminine and yet looks authoritative towards others.
2. Skirts should not be short and should hit above the knee. Suits should be fitted but not tight and blouses should always be tucked.
3. Heels should not be more than 3 or 4 inches tall. First of all it wouldn't be comfortable but it's not fine in the workplace.